This weekend I’ll be indulging my inner nerd. My wife Rachel and I will be attending the “Emerald City Comic-Con,” Seattle’s premier gathering of comic, science fiction, fantasy and genre nerds. I’ve been to the East Coast version of the event, but Rachel has never experienced fandom at this level.
- Wil Wheaton: He’ll always be Wesley Crusher to me.
- Jon Bernthal: Shane from “The Walking Dead”
- Summer Glau: Sci-fi action star extraordinaire via “Firefly,” “Sarah Connor Chronicles,” and “Dollhouse”
- Christopher Judge: Teal’c!
- Edward James Olmos: Commander Adama lives on.
- George Takei: OH MY!
An exciting lineup, to be sure. As an added bonus, Rachel and I have decided to get into the spirit of things and dress as a set of well-known sci-fi characters. A special Comic-Con prize to whoever correctly guesses who we’ll portraying!
*CONGRATULATIONS to award winner Amanda Zelazny, who correctly guessed that my wife and I would be going as the 11th Doctor and Amy Pond!